Monday 24 August 2009

The Postman Calls (59 of 80)



Les Postiers is situated near the main Post Office and means, the postmen. The wood paneling and mirrors give it a nice 30's feel. Another useful aspect of its proximity is the rank of bus stops directly opposite, including the ubiquitous 66. Most handy.

Taking a leaf out of Elizabeth David's book, I kept it simple with an omelette and a glass of beer. The beer in question was the recommended Tripel Karmeliet and damn fine it was too.



The observant amongst you, will have noticed the girl in my beer in the above photo. "Waiter there's a girl in my beer", I cried. "Not so loud sir" came the response. "they'll all want one.".

Postiers, stamps my card. For beer, cheap food and friendly service, it can't be licked. If you're in the neighborhood go there post haste.


View Larger Map

1 comment:

Löst Jimmy said...

And a damn fine girl it was, in your beer that is!