Wednesday 26 March 2008

Smoked Haddock with Black Pudding and Bacon

In the Tao of Truckers the best dishes are made with quality ingredients, simple, easy to cook and bloody tasty. This recipe from Sue Lawrence's - A Cook's Tour of Scotland fulfills all of these criteria, with extra bloody tastiness coming from the inclusion of black pudding. Now, prior to cooking it I wouldn't have thought that black pudding and fish would work together. I was wrong.

Ingredients (enough for 2 people)
  • 2 pieces of skinned undyed smoked haddock fillets (approx 200g / 7oz in weight)
  • 2 thin slices of black pudding (cut very cold to stop it crumbling)
  • 4 rashers of traditionally cured unsmoked back bacon
  • Olive oil for drizzling

Preparation
  • Preheat the oven to 230C (450F)
  • Put the fish on some greaseproof paper on a baking tray
  • Arrange the black pudding slices on the fish
  • Wrap the bacon around the fish and black pudding
  • Drizzle with Olive Oil
  • Cook in the oven for about 15 minutes or until the fish is cooked
  • Serve with some good quality bread and a side salad. Pour over the magical juices from the pan.
I told you it was simple. I added some cherry tomatoes to the baking tray prior to cooking and added these to the salad. Most excellent.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-digital-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.